Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Obscenity of Objects

I always feel dirty washing my hands at Kurt and Guillaume's.

Instead of a soap dish by the bathroom sink, they have a contraption from Guillaume's native Provence. Affixed to the wall, a rod protrudes onto which you slide and screw a special egg-shaped soap.

The design is clever in that it frees up room around the sink and keeps the soap from turning sludgy.

But the action required to work up a lather seems like the kind of thing that could get you arrested on indecency charges if performed in a public bathroom.


Sacré bleu!

And don't even get me started on the moves required if ordered to wash your mouth out with soap.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am booking my train ticket to Montreal NOW. And, the first thing on my itinerary once I arrive is:

1. washing my hands at Kurt and Guillaume's house.

HA!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love to show designers how obsessive they are?
Leigh