Tuesday, June 15, 2010

In Every Life a Little Rain, Etc.


I haven’t written in a while.

Instead:

I have been going to work and going to yoga and buying groceries and crashing terrasses.

I have been staying home and doing laundry and cleaning surfaces and maintaining right angles.

I have been eating packaged food.

I have been staying up late.

I have been sleeping in my clothes.

And television too. There’s been a lot of that. Bad but good.
(Did you know that Jeff Goldblum is on Law and Order now?)

I have been sad.

Midsummer approaches and I am trying to stay buoyant in deep-sea diving boots.

I’ll write again soon.

2 comments:

Kurt said...

Oh honey, I hear ya.

If it's any consolation, with the exception of sleeping in my clothes, you're functioning much higher than I am at the moment.

Maybe if I whoop your ass at croquet this weekend it will make you feel better.

Kim said...

Oh sugar, I know.

xox