Monday, July 20, 2009

Craftiness

I've been thinking about the spider problem I described in yesterday's post. I can't let these guys beat me. But I'm too much of a sissy to actually touch the webs and brush them away. What to do?

Introducing: The Spider Wand

Pretend you're a spider. There you are, sittin' in your web, suckin' on a shadfly, when this huge spider-shape comes at you. And you're all like "Whoa! Is that God?", and I'm all like "Take that! I'm going for a BIKE RIDE. HAH!"

Cool eh? I made it myself. How do I do it? It's easy! All you need are a few common household items: some recycled cardboard, a wooden spoon, tape, scissors, and a marker.

Start by drawing your spider on the cardboard. It may take a few tries to get it just right, but it's all part of the fun!


Cut out your shape.

Apply tape to the back, stick it to the spoon, and voila! Your very own spider wand! And look, I added some sparkly ribbon to the base for extra razzle-dazzle!

So go ahead and put on your crafty hat! Impress your friends! Beat a path through the real and figurative webs that shroud the fully realized YOU!

6 comments:

Kurt said...

This is definitely one of the weirder things I've seen come out of your brain....

...and believe me I've seen a few.

Kim said...

It seemed like a really great idea at the time.

Stacey said...

Not sure if I am more scared of the spider or of your manly mitt.
OK, it's your mitt.

Faby said...

cool, I like it... are you selling these as well ? because our terrace is like spider central these days...
although if you put a big smile on the creature on your wand, the spiders will think that God has come to take them to heaven...:)

Kim said...

I could also market them as cat toys. While putting on the sparkly ribbon, Cammie kept trying to attack it. The little scamp ...

Marissa said...

Can I get one of those for a belated birthday present? :-) I have the same spider problem leaving my house...