Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Grind

I’ve been thinking: heading back into the office after vacation could be hard. But then again, maybe not. For one thing, I can ride in on my beloved bike.

Enjoy some scenery along the way.

Fortify myself with a little “You go girl!” treat.

Yes! I can totally do this! Maybe I've been worrying too much. Maybe heading back into work won’t be so bad after all.

Uh-oh. I forgot: heading into work is one thing. Actually arriving there is another.

Oh my, it hurts. Well, maybe lunch will cheer me up. 

Bleah. You know, I'm not so sure about this whole “not being on vacation” thing anymore. I’m not feeling very comfortable with it.

Hey, I know!

It worked in France.

And ...

... no.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Ohhh honey, I feel your pain. Even though I, too, can roll into the office in jeans, sneakers and plastic gloves, a cubicle is not fun--not even a reasonable hand-drawn facimile of "vacation fun", is it?

Kim said...

The cubicle is many things, but fun isn't one of them. That said, now that I'm back and re-immersing myself in corporate culture, I'm discovering that there's material to be mined here (wearing protective gloves, natch). Stay tuned!

Amanda said...

I will wait with bated breath. I am a bit limited in what I can post online since my boss reads my blog, but someone recently suggested I start a "secret" one, since in her words, "all that Office Lady stuff--totally your best work!"

heh...goldmine indeed!

Marissa said...

Oh my god.. so funny.. you are really scaring me now... cubicle didn't look THAT bad though.. must have been good lighting that day or something...do we still have fluorescents?? thanks for the heads up on bringing my lunch to work.. that looked SCARY!