Thursday, July 2, 2009

No Frills

Awaken. Kurt swims at village pool with the elderly. Kim works out to yoga podcast. Reconvene on terrasse for breakfast.










Meet Valerie for lunch in Aix. Delightful. V departs. Kurt replenishes summer wardrobe at Celio.












Kim overwhelmed by genie pants, knee-high gladiator sandals, and ruffled frilliness. Settles on hemp surfer dress.












Listening to music Kurt has selected (Miracle Fortress)

Kim: I like this. This is exactly what I wanted to listen to and I didn’t even know it. See, you know me.

Kurt: Yes. It’s like I live in your head. And I want to get out.

Kim: Never.

Reconvene on terrasse for dinner.










Chill.

Fin

8 comments:

Greg H said...

Louise wanted to dictate a comment, but she's weeping too hard to understand.

(Wonder if Mom still has her dresses from that Ike & Tina tour in the mid-70s....)

Mitch said...

Miracle Fortress... I'm a big fan. Saw "The Bad Plus" as part of the Jazz Fest last night and they did a cover of New Years Day and Heart of Gold as part of their encore. It was fantastic! You can find recordings of the tunes on You Tube although they do not do the live versions justice. Anywyas, you look like you are having a great time - keep on keepin' o. The updates are great. :)

Mitch

Anonymous said...

The food looks soooo good - I'm jealous!
Love the cute sandals

L.

Lesley said...

See, I always knew you should write a blog. Awesome!

Amanda said...

I am sooo relieved to learn that genie pants (which I have been referred to as "Hammer Pants, Junior") and gladiator sandals are not just devastating the fashion landscape of Toronto. I assumed this was some ill-begotten trend cooked up by local ladies who'd read Vogue but interpreted it all wrong. It seems only fair that if you get to enjoy a lovely summer in France--which is enviable, to say the least--your pleasure is offset by the occasional genie-pants assault.

Stacey said...

Lovely. Except -- and I don't want to scare you -- I think both you and Kurt were beheaded at some point, judging by your pics. What I wonder is, without a mouth, where are you stuffing all that food?

Gwilly said...

Damn ... I'm starting to really feel envious ... Nice wardrobe mon Homme!!

Marissa said...

Wow, you did yoga on vacation? I am impressed! :-)