Friday, July 3, 2009

Thought Processes

My mind is generally a busy place, but not always in a productive way. Granted, there’s stuff to keep track of when you work full-time and have to maintain home, body, and spirit. But once I get into a sweatin’ rhythm, it’s hard to stop. Even after the heavy lifting’s been done. 

That’s what’s nice about vacation.

Removed from my usual context, the inner noise changes. Usually it goes something like this:

I hope that last e-mail I sent about that info I'm waiting on didn't come across too bitchy but you know I did end it with a smiley emoticon so I guess it's ok ah crap I totally forgot to send that e-mail about that document for that thing maybe when I get home I’ll get to it if buddy on the Bixi bike ahead of me will get a move on and ah crikey I’m out of the fancy diet cat food and oh my god will that cat’s jelly belly ever disappear wtf am I spending all this money for hopefully the vet’s office is still open but can I fit the big bag of kibble into my backpack along with all my sweaty yoga gear and whatever else it is I seem to lug all over town on a daily basis hey did I remember to pay the hydro bill and am I living a fully actualized existence and if not why I am not more worried about it

But lately it’s more like this:

Lavender is pretty. I am glad Kurt is driving. I like the Easter-egg-coloured shutters on the buildings. This song is nice. I wonder if Kurt bought more green beans. My head is light and fuzzy.

Today Kurt and Monty took us through the Verdon region to Lac Saint-Croix. We swam, we ate, we sunbathed.

On the way home we picked up a few missing ingredients for dinner (e.g. lettuce, chocolate puddin’, red wine, white wine, rosé). It turns out that French grocery stores are not uniformly massive after all. I find this comforting.

And I find this hilarious:












I can only wonder at the European synaptic events that produced this little packaging gem.

2 comments:

Stacey the Avenger said...

Clearly, it's the "Me Like" beaver. or rat? But what's with his spacey lil' friend? A whole lotta' song-and-dancing around the fact that they ripped off Kelloggs' Corn Pops, eh? french f***s... ("fries," of course. what were *you* thinkin'?)

Marissa said...

I am finding YOU hilarious!

Love your contrasting brain thoughts.. that's why we need MORE vacation!! I am so scared of what will happen to my brain when I go back to work!!